Home Remedies for Sore Throat
A definition of Sore Throat:
Sore Throat in medical terms is called as “Pharyngitis”. It is the inflammation of the back of the throat, primarily located around the tonsils.
You might have experienced this difficulty!
We all would have experienced it – the itchy, dry feel with pain when swallowing anything, which made those days miserable. You might have even had embarrassing moments, of attending calls of high significance with an unpleasant and breaking voice texture. Now-a-days, it even fears everyone for a suspicion of Swine Flu.
The causes of Sore Throat:
Sore Throat is caused by cold and flu, as we all know. It can also be caused by Allergies – due to change of water especially when one travels from one place to the other, Mononucleosis infection, Smoking, Gum infection, Tonsillitis and Streptococcal Infections.
The swelling of the Lymph Glands:
The Lymph Glands in the neck region tends to swell and become tender. The throat becomes reddish and covered with grayish-white membrane, when the problem is acute. If the inflammation stretches to the nasal passage, there may be postnasal discharges.
Smart people practice this fact:
Though many of us know that salt water gargling is used to treat sore throat, many of us would neglect it, probably because it is simple. Prudence is to protecting ourselves from being attacked, rather trying to retrieve after an attack. The key factor is this defense mechanism that we all should follow. We should develop our immune system, which is a protection shield against diseases. When we are less immune, we invite infections that create diseases.
Even when reading this article, a few might be badly wanting some really working home remedies, to fight the irritable sore throat problem. Do not worry. I am here to suggest you five nice home remedies, that would help you retrieve to normalcy sooner. Keep reading.
Five simple, yet good home remedies are as below:
- A good reason, why many of us opt for natural remedies is to keep away from those harmful drugs, which temporarily cures one ailment and aggravates other health problems in the long run.
- One of the many items found in the kitchen of your home (or inside your refrigerator), Tamarind is a nice remedy.
- Take a little of the Tamarind extract and mix with water . Do not forget to filter it, to be free from particles. Then use it to gargle for a few minutes. You can do it twice daily, for two days.
- Another easy and great remedy would be Turmeric powder. Turmeric, by nature is an antiseptic. It is used as an ancient medical component and in preparing syrup, as it fights infection. Take just a quarter tea spoon of Turmeric powder and mix it with 200 ml of warm to hot drinking water. Note that the water shall be hot enough to drink. Let it not be lukewarm or very hot. Drink the water sip by sip. This can be done for three days, once daily. People who suffer from ulcer shall not take it in empty stomach, while others shall.
- Garlic has many medicinal properties. Doctors recommend garlic for patients with heart problems. Also it is found that garlic oil helps in clearing swallowing difficulties, caused due to sore throats. Therefore, you can take 3 to 4 drops of garlic oil and mix it in one-fourth cup of water. Use this water as a gargle, once daily.
- The next powerful home remedy would be, the Fenugreek seeds. You can prepare a gargle from Fenugreek, which is very effective to treat sore throat. Take 2 table spoons of the Fenugreek seeds. As cleanliness is a hedge from infection, it is important to wash it with water before use. Then put the seeds in 400 ml of drinking water and simmer it, for say 30 minutes. Wait for it until it becomes warm . Filter the extract and use it as a gargle.
- One more home remedy is Cinnamon. It treats sore throat, caused by cold. Take 2 to 3 drops of Cinnamon oil and mix it with 1 tea spoon full of pure honey. Consume this to get a good relief from sore throat. If Cinnamon oil is not available, then take 1 tea spoon of powdered Cinnamon, one pinch of pepper powder and boil them in 300 ml of water for 5 to 7 minutes. Then filter the extract and allow it to warm. To this extract, add 2 tea spoons of honey and mix well. Take it sip by sip. This can be done once daily, for 5 days.
- Hope, you would try one or all of these simple home remedies, when needed. To conclude, it is to your convenience to choose a good home remedy, that best suites you to fight sore throat problems. I know how happy you would be, to enjoy talking after a great relief from a terrible sore throat. Enjoy a healthy talk.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.